неділя, 6 грудня 2015 р.

Plot

From the point of view the text comprises the folllowing parts:
- The exposition is the first paragraph of the story,
- The plot itself, which represents the rising action: "Girls don't slam doors like that." "Girls keep their knees together when they sit down." And worse still, when I asked some questions, "That's none of girls’ business." The narrator understands tha she has to play the conventional and stereotypical role of the woman in society, but she resists: I continued to slam the doors and sit as awkwardly as possible, thinking that by such measures I kept myself free.
- The climax: "Instead of shutting the gate, I opened it as wide as I could. I did not make any decision to do this, it was just what I did."; "I had never disobeyed my father before, and I could not understand why I had done it. I had done it."
- The falling action "A story might start off in the old way, with a spectacular danger, a fire or wild animals, and for a while I might rescue people; then things would change around, and instead, somebody would be rescuing me. It might be a boy from our class at school, or even Mr. Campbell, our teacher, who tickled girls under the arms. And at this point the story concerned itself at great length with what I looked like – how long my hair was, and what kind of dress I had on; by the time I had these details worked out the real excitement of the story was lost."
- The anticlimax "She could of shut the gate and she didn't. She just open’ it up and Flora ran out.";  "Never mind. She's only a girl".
The text is the representation of the inner conflict of the main character, her resistance to woomanhood, mas well as the outer conflict between her and her family and the society in general.

From the point of view of presentation the text is the 1st person narrative. The type of speech employed by the author is mostly narration with the elements of description and direct speech.
 
 
 
 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар